Asus laptop touchpad
Asus laptop touchpadAsus, master of innovation and computing performance, is preceded by its reputation which made you decide to trust it with the purchase of your laptop. You are therefore part of the large community of Asus users and more particularly of a laptop (Vivobook, Asus ROG, Netbook, Chromebook, Zenbook, Transformer, etc.) renowned for its performance and design.
But after years of good and loyal service, your Asus touchpad is stuck, it seems out of order, broken or slower than usual. It does not follow exactly the movements requested, or worse it does not respond at all, and you had to go back to using a mouse while waiting for a solution.
These problems are often related to over-use or exposure to moisture.
If your Asus touchpad does not work properly, then it is time to change it or replace its defective components.
Accessoires Asus offers a section dedicated to the touchpad and its spare parts for your Asus laptop so that its capabilities and ease of use can be restored.
You will find the buttons of your trackpad (the right click and the left click) if the failure concerns only this part of the touchpad. As well as touchpad supports, also called mounting brackets: this is the part on which the touchpad is attatched, which thus serves as a frame and holds it in place.
Also available is the trackpad itself, which is used heavily and wears over time, making it necessary to change the electronic card to get the full use of the touchpad.
Similarly, the touchpad board, known as the controller board of the touchpad, is for sale on our site.
Finally, to maximize the performance of your trackpad, you can replace the adhesive plate (Touchpad Mylar) that adheres simply to the touchpad board for most models of Asus laptops (G751, B53, G74, FX502, G552 or P302 ...), find it in different colors to customize your computer (black, red, gray, blue, white..)
Even if you are not a computer specialist, you can do these repairs yourself, they can seem overwhelming, but are largely feasible by a careful amateur. Here is a method to help you:
- Get a Phillips screwdriver and a small flathead screwdriver
- Turn off your computer, unplug it from all power cables and position it as if you were going to use it
- Slide the flat screwdriver between the outline of the keyboard and the bottom of the body, these two elements must be delicately dislodged, starting from the front of the keyboard, then on the sides and finishing at the back
- An FFC (wide and flat connector cable) still connects the two dislocated parts, gently lift the white flap located at its end which keeps it attached
- Then, leave the rest of the computer aside and place the keyboard back to you
- Gently peel off the cable and tape around the touchpad
- Unscrew the trackpad screws, then pry it out of the keyboard
- Position the new touch pad or the changed components, reconnect the cables and tape, then repeat these steps in the opposite direction
You will be able to change the system of your Asus trackpad entirely or simply modify some components of this touchpad according to your needs and the problems.
Do not order a product without checking its compatibility with your PC, if you have a doubt, our service team is here to bring you the best answers and advice possible depending on your equipment and the faults encountered.
Discover all the other components and accessories for Asus laptops, such as keyboards, hinges and touchscreens.
Find the model series of your Asus device by clicking on its first letter