HOW TO MAINTAIN THE LIFETIME OF YOUR ASUS BATTERY
Your Asus Notebook battery life time belongs to ambient temperature and humidity, of course usual utilization too.
Autonomy and cycles
- Ratio betweek battery performances and charging/unload cycle numbers is following a linear trend line.
- Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries having usually a life time coming from 300 to 500 cycles. During a moderated utilization, those batteries can provide up to 80% of original performances after 300 cycles or almost 1 year of utilization.
- A too high or too low ambient temperature when you use it can make you loss up to 70% of your battery capacities, with exactly the same charging/unload cycle numbers.
- Other factors may affect your battery life time : system design, your Notebook model or operating system power management settings. Ambient temperature and also full charging/unload cycle numbers could affect your battery.
- A Notebook battery discharging rate is directly related to your power current and power management settings. For example, some apps making a intense processor use like graphic design, animations, videos games and videos watching are consuming more energy than classic office apps.
1. Remove your Notebook battery from it and disconnect power cable if you do not plan to use your laptop for a couple of weeks. As the battery will unload out of your Notebook, it should be charged again all three months to extend the capacity cycle and avoid charging issues or autonomy in the future
2. Battery should be stored in a place where ambient temperature is between 10°C and 30°C (50°F to 86°F). Never forget that the internal laptop temperature is superior to outside temperature. All temperatures inferior to 10°C (50°F) could minimize your battery capacities. Same thing for temperatures beyond 30°C (86°F) that can increase battery explosion risks.
3. Classic battery life time is about 300 to 500 cycles, for a better utilization and normal operating confitions. Using a laptop at too high or too low temperatures affects total number of cycles, and battery capacities too.
4. Do not store your battery in a humid or too cold place. Humidity or coldness can increase the battery unload rate. Chemical ingredients contained in the battery can be damaged if they are exposed to low temperatures. Moreover it could be risks of explosion when battery is used under a too high ambient temperature.
5. Top optimize your battery life time, avoid to plug and un-plug too often on the AC adapter.
6. Do not put your laptop or your battery pack too close to a radiator, a fireplace, a stove or a high heat source. A temperature superior to 60°C (140°F) increase extremely your battery explosion risks, a fire or a chemical product leaks.